SSTL and our third party partners may set a range of cookies when you visit our websites. Below we explain the types of cookies we use.
Essential for making our site work properly (Strictly Necessary)
These cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to
- remember things like information you've entered on order forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser session.
- remember the goods and services you ordered when you get to the checkout page.
- identify you as being logged in to the website.
Cookies we have defined as 'Strictly Necessary' cookies will not be used to:
- gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can't guarantee your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
Cookies used to confirm you are logged in, cookies used in the purchase and booking processes to capture your choices.
Collect information about how you use our website (Performance)
'Performance' cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use performance cookies to:
- provide statistics on how our website is used.
- see how effective our adverts are (we don't use this information to target adverts to you when you visit other websites).
- provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This can include details of any products bought. This lets our partners improve their website, but we don't allow our partners to reuse this information for further advertising.
- help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur.
- test different designs of our website.
Using our site indicates that you accept the use of 'Performance' cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
- Google analytics
We use a third party, One Trust, to ensure any transmissions of data to a third party is in line with current GDPR or UK Data Protection laws.
Used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit (Functionality)
‘Functionality' cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit. We use 'Functionality' cookies to:
- remember settings you've applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours.
- remember if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a form.
- show you when you're logged in to the website.
- share information with partners to provide a service on our website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose.
Cookies defined as 'Functionality' will not be used to target you with adverts on other websites.
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties – where this is the case we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Preventing these cookies may mean we can't offer you some services, and will reduce the support we can offer you. It's also possible that preventing these cookie stops us remembering that you didn't want a specific service.
Cookies that capture your name when you log in to personalise the experience as well as Twitter and YouTube cookies that capture your preference.
Are linked to services provided by third parties (Targeting)
'Targeting' cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use 'Targeting' cookies to:
- link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in.
Preventing these cookies may stop us from offering you some services. All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and use the third parties' own tools to prevent these cookies.
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. For example, we cannot tell if you are signed in without using cookies, so you would not be able to post comments.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser.
If you are primarily concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off by going to the Your Online Choices site.
You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising platforms for more information: Network Advertising Initiative.
They have provided a one-stop place that gathers all of the opt-out controls. Please bear in mind that there are many more networks listed on this site than those that we use.
Cookies we use on our website
By using our website you consent to our use of our strictly necessary cookies. Please use the button below to change your cookie setting choices.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following links useful:
The IAB has provided the following website to give information specifically about privacy issues around Internet advertising:
For further legal information about privacy issues, you may find these links useful:
General Data Protection Regulation
The Information Commissioner's Office
If you would like to contact us about cookies please email us at data.protection@SSTL.co.uk