Low cost 1m GSD colour video
Operating at an altitude of 500km, Carbonite satellites provide 1m GSD colour video employing a Forward Motion Compensation (FMC) imaging mode which enables captures of >120 seconds of a single target, adding a new dimension to high resolution Earth observation imagery.
Carbonite-1, launched in July 2015, demonstrated low cost, 1m GSD imagery and was followed by Carbonite-2 in January 2018 which provided the world's first commercial HD colour video from space.
- Change detection
- Pattern of life assessments
- Humanitarian and disaster management
- Global high resolution situational awareness
- National security
- Elevation model generation
- Infrastructure and asset monitoring
A constellation of Carbonite satellites would provide robustness against weather conditions and target concealment.
View/download Carbonite datasheet