Our Apprenticeship Programme allows Apprentices to develop an understanding and knowledge of either IT or Engineering. Both academically through day release at College and on the job training along with mentoring, in both technical and soft skills, all delivered by experienced people in SSTL
Engineering Apprenticeship Programme (3 years)
You will learn hands on experience across a range of engineering/manufacturing teams and responsibilities
- Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT)
- Composites Manufacturing
- Propulsion, Mechanisms and Power
IT Apprenticeship Programme (2 years)
You will develop an understanding and knowledge of 1st Line Technical Support for the IT service desk, providing support for internal users within SSTL such as:
- Preliminary investigation of all requests via telephone, email or remote admin tools, resolving or escalating as necessary using generic fault finding techniques.
- Installation of Software packages and registration of applications, using VM Mirage.
- Installation of IT Hardware.
- Building and Configuration of Computers.
- Regular review of escalated tickets to ensure they are maintaining SLA’s.
At the end of both programmes you will be offered a position at SSTL and have the opportunity to continue onto the next level Apprenticeship if you are interested in studying further.