SSTL small satellites are playing an increasing role in space science and exploration, enabling compact, sophisticated payloads to access the orbital environment, both affordably and in rapid time frames.
SSTL's small satellite missions cover a wide range of space science applications:
- Optical and gamma ray astronomy
- Space environment
- Solar science
- Upper atmosphere science
- Lunar and planetary
SSTL small satellites offer valuable opportunities in:
Science and Technology Demonstration missions from SSTL:
- Early payload flight experience for in-orbit demonstration and test bed activities.
- Being complementary with larger missions.
- Performing specific scientific applications affordably and in rapid timeframes.
- Constellations and formations to increase data sampling and synthesise much larger satellites.