We have been delivering small satellite missions for over 30 years - longer than anyone else in the world, giving us the experience to justify our reputation as the world's premier provider of operational and commercial satellite programmes.
Staff, sites & ownership
More company information
The story of Surrey Satellites
- 500 staff employed in the UK; 25 staff employed in the US.
- 3 sites - Guildford and Bordon in the UK, and Denver in the US.
- In 2009 Airbus bought a 99% shareholding from the University of Surrey, and Surrey Satellites is now an independent company within the Airbus Defence and Space group.
What we do
We specialise in the design and manufacture of small satellites and we develop space missions throughout their life cycle – from design and build through to launch and in-orbit monitoring and maintenance – or any stage of that cycle.
We are able to offer our customers such flexibility because we design, build, assemble and test our spacecraft and almost all their components in-house.
Our products include:
- Satellite platforms and space payloads
- Satellite subsystems
- Space mission training
- Ground segment supply and installation
- Spacecraft in-orbit operations
- Constellations management
- Launch services
Our customers use our expert knowledge to create space missions for:
- Earth observation and imaging
- Navigation and telecommunications
- Scientific research
- Military/defence purposes
- Technology demonstration
- Orbital servicing
and they operate in LEO, MEO, GEO and beyond.