Our Graduate Programme recruitment process for September 2017 has now closed.
SSTL will be employing a number of graduates in 2017 across a range of engineering and project management disciplines. SSTL are also recruiting for graduate positions for direct entry into IT and Finance for 2017.
Who can apply
Applications from graduates in the following subjects and disciplines are encouraged:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Space Mission and/or Systems Engineering, including AIV and operations
- Physics with Space Science
- Electronic Engineering, (emphasis on analogue, digital or RF (radio frequency) engineering would be an advantage)
- Software Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
- Computer Science
- Business and IT or Business and Finance
- Accounting or Economics
Equivalent qualifications from other countries will of course be considered. Due to current UK work permit restrictions the graduate programme is only open to nationals of EU countries.
The Graduate Programme
The programme lasts for 2 years and has two different paths:
- Direct entry – focusing on one placement for the duration of the scheme to gain in depth knowledge and experience
- Rotational – four, six month placements to gain a broader experience across different business areas and disciplines within the Space Industry.The goal of our rotational Graduate Training Programme is to gain an overall understanding of how the business works before deciding on a specific area or discipline to specialise in.
Placements may include:
- Mission and System level Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Electronics Engineering Design
- Optical Instrument Design, Build and Test
- Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test
- Spacecraft Operations
- Project Management
- Commercial aspects including Business Development, Sales and Finance
The Programme provides a great deal of on the job training and mentoring, which is delivered by experienced members of SSTL. This is combined with more formal training sessions, run both internally and externally.
How to apply
Please apply via the careers page of our website www.sstl.co.uk/careers
under the current vacancies section in November, applications will close in January. You will be required to complete a questionnaire and submit this along with your CV in order for your application to be considered.
For further information on the Graduate Development Programme or vacancies at SSTL please contact the HR team on 01483 803803 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org